Now that I’m back, I’ve decided to hit the ground running with the Biannual Bibliothon! And yes, I know I’m a little late on posting my TBR, but I did start the reading challenge on the 12th. I haven’t participated in the Bibliothon before (and I won’t be doing the blogging component), but I wanted to do it this year, hoping it will kickstart my reading. Hopefully I’ll be able to read all of the books but we’ll see!
You can find more info about the Bibliothon here!
1. Read the Group Book Empress of All Seasons by Emiko Jean
I never head of this book before the Bibliothon, but honestly it sounds like an amazing YA fantasy. Unfortunatley, I’m not sure if I’ll get to it. I don’t currently have the book so unless I pick it up on Audible or Kindle I’ll probably have to pass.
2. Read one of the hosts’ 5 star reads Eliza and her Monsters by Franchesca Zappia
I remember really wanting to read this book when it first came out, so I was super excited when it was on one of the hosts’ lists. I love anything that is somewhat meta about writing and fan culture.
3. Read a book that got you into reading The Lightning Theif (Percy Jackson #1) by Rick Riordan
This is one of my all time favorites and I’ve been looking for an excuse to reread, and here it is! Honestly, I’ve always been into reading and can’t exactly remember which book sparked it, but Percy Jackson is for sure up there for me.
4. Read an adult genre Finding Fraiser by K.C. Dyer
I love Outlander and this Jamie Fraiser inspired rom-com has been sitting on. my shelf for a while now!
5. Combine your favorite genre with your least favorite format or the opposite Illuminae by Amie
Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
I don’t know if I actually have a favorite genre, but sci-fi is in my top. I’ve already read Illuminae, but I honestly can’t remember it that well and want to give it a reread before continuing the series. The format isn’t typically one I’d go with but I think for this book it works. I’ll also probably be doing this one via audiobook.
6. Read a book with a cover you don’t like
I’m still undecided on this one, I’m going to have to scavenge my shelves for a cover that I don’t like and will probably just go from there.
7. Read a book by an author you’ve never read before American Panda by Gloria Chao
I actually already completed this book this past weekend. One down! It was pretty cute, look out for my full review up on the blog this week!