To everyone that celebrates, Merry Christmas, and overall happy holidays! In honor of the occasion I’m doing the Festive Christmas Book Tag, OG created by GirlReading. I love the festivities around Christmas—movies, music, decorations, giving presents—and it’s really my favorite holiday. Have an amazing day and check out my tag below!
1. A fictional family you would like to spend Christmas dinner with.
The Covey family from To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before for sure. I’m already salivating at the thought of Lara Jean’s cooking and all the Christmas cookies she’d bake.
2. A bookish item you would like to receive as a gift.
I did a whole list on this linked here which you should check out. There are so many cute things I couldn’t even pick just one.
3. A fictional character you think would make the perfect Christmas elf?
Maybe Charlie from The Perks of Being a Wallflower? There’s that whole Secret Santa sequence in the book and I feel like he comes up with really creative, thoughtful, and meaningful present.
4. Match a book to its perfect Christmas song.
Hmmmm. Mr. Grinch for Six of Crows/Crooked Kingdom? I feel like you could totally montage Kaz Brekker doing naughty things with Mr. Grinch playing in the background.
5. Bah Humbug: a book or fictional character you’ve been disappointed in and should be put on the Naughty List.
I love The Goblin King from Wintersong, but he’s definitely been naughty. You don’t go capturing young ladies, no matter how wonderfully they play and compose.
6. A book or fictional character you think deserves more love and appreciation and deserves to be put on the Nice List.
I Believe in a Thing Called Love deserves so much love. If you loved When Dimple Met Rishi this year please pic this up asap.
7. Red, Gold, and Green: a book cover that has a wonderfully Christmasy feel to it.
This book covers screams cozy and Christmas. It was an equally adorable holiday read.
8. A book or series you love so much that you want everyone to find it under their Christmas tree this year so they can read it and love it too.
I’m going to try to avoid my typical picks here. I think everyone should definitely give the Everlife and True Born series a try. They have really interesting and amazing characters and are both such unique spins on dystopian civilizations and novels.