It’s the start of a new semester for me, so that means some new books for class. I thought like last fall I’d do a little haul of what books I have for school.
These are all books for my American Novel 2 course, which focuses on texts from the 1920s to today. I’ve already read Toni Morrison’s Beloved a couple times, but couldn’t find my copy so I had to order a new one. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Díaz however I’ve owned for a while but have yet to read, I keep putting it on my TBR but never get around to it so I’m excited to have to read it for class.
1. Cane by Jean Toomer
2. A Lost Lady by Willa Cather
3. Beloved by Toni Morrison
4. Nightwood by Djuna Barnes
5. Crying of Lot 49 by Thomas Pynchon
6. Ceremony by Leslie Marmon Silko
7. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Díaz