Thank you so much @Icebreaker694 for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award! This isn’t an award I’ve previously been tagged in, so I was super excited. Also shout out to the creator Okoto Enigma.
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog (I picked an alternate version of the logo).
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Answer questions of nominator.
- Nominate 10-20 people.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question.
- Share your link to your best post(s).
Three things about me:
1. I have a pet golden doodle and he is basically evil. For those of you who don’t know what golden doodle are and are probably very confused, they’re a mix between a golden retriever and poodle. Mine is a little over two years old, named Riley (also known in my house as Rye Bread), and is evil. He gets into everything, and is just a whirling dervish. He’s lucky he’s so cute.
2. Christmas is my favorite holiday. It’s not about the presents (because honestly I’m eh about my birthday) it’s just the spirit. I celebrate what I call “Santa Clause Christmas,” because I’m not religious at all. It’s more just loving the spirit and all the festive things that come with the season.
3. I belive I’ve briefly mentioned my boyfriend here, but nothing extensive. I don’t typically get too personal, not on purpose or anything I just don’t know if anyone is interested. Anyway, I’ve been dating my boyfriend for just about four years.
Questions for me:
1. What is one book that you’re looking forward to in 2017?
I’m really looking forward to Once and for All by Sarah Dessen, which I believe is set to come out in 2017. I love all her books, but Saint Anything, which is her most recent, is probably my favorite so I just can’t wait to read more of her newer stuff. Also, there’s weddings involved in this because the protagonist’s mom is a wedding planner, so obviously sign me up.
2. What is a book you’d give a loved one for the holidays?
I honestly really contemplated giving this book to one of my friends for our secret santa, but decided not to even though personally I think everyone should read it. That book is milk and honey by Rupi Kaur. I did a review on it a while back, but it is this collection of poetry I absolutely adore. In that same vein, The Princess Saves Herself in This One by Amanda Lovelace is fantastic as well.
3. Any blog plans in 2017?
I have a couple of reviews planned, one for the third book in Raye Wagner’s The Sphinx series, titled Myths of Immortality. I have an arc and am hoping to get to it over my winter break. Also, look for my review of we carry the sky, a collection of poetry by McKayla Robbin.
4. Favorite gif of 2016?
I don’t necessarily have a favorite, but I do love hedgehog gifs so here you go!
5. How many books did you buy that you still have to read?
Definitely a lot. I looked at my shelf, and I want to say I have about fifty books on there that I bought this year and haven’t read yet. Oops. I’ve developed a serious problem since discovering BoookOutlet.
Questions for you:
1. What’s your favorite kind of post to write?
2. What’s the strangest/most unique place you’ve ever a book?
3. What’s a bookish/blogging goal you have for next year?
4. Which setting would you choose to live in: dystopian or fantasy? And why?
5. You’re in the Hunger Games (district style where two can live), who would you pick as your parter? It can be a character from any book/series.
Lauren @ Wonderless Reviews • Alex @ WhimsyPages • Lottie @ Novellique • Ashley @ Inside My Minds • Kourtni @ Kourtni Reads • Beth @ Divine World of Books • Darnell @ darnellouis • Rachel @ Life of a Female Bibliophile • Michelle @ Wrecked My Eyes Reading