I’ve been trying to cling onto summer—and the warm weather—as long as possible, but alas it is officially autumn. Western Massachusetts is absolutely breathtaking as soon as October rolls around, and I can’t wait to go home check out the sites, carve pumpkins, go apple picking, and drink some cider. To get you in the mood here are ten quotes about autumn.
1. “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” ―L.M. Montgomery,
2. “Aprils have never meant much to me, autumns seem that season of beginning, spring.” ―Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany’s
3. “October, baptize me with leaves! Swaddle me in corduroy and nurse me with split pea soup. October, tuck tiny candy bars in my pockets and carve my smile into a thousand pumpkins. O autumn! O teakettle! O grace!” ―Rainbow Rowell, Attachments
4. “Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.” ―F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
6. “It was a beautiful bright autumn day, with air like cider and a sky so blue you could drown in it.” ―Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
7. “Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple.” ―J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
8. “Autumn…the year’s last, loveliest smile.” ―William Cullen Bryant
9. “No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.” ―John Donne, The Complete Poetry and Selected Prose
Let me know your favorite quote about autumn is in the comments!
Remember to check me out on my social media accounts: