Top Five Wednesdays started on Goodreads back in 2013. At the beginning of every month Sam from ThoughtsOnTomes posts a topic for each Wednesday and bloggers, vloggers and overall book fans are encouraged to respond with their top five.
This week is top five favorite character names. This one was a little tough but I totally loved picking out the names. Let me know what you think in the comments!
1. Percy from Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series by Rick Riordan
Percy is one of my all-time favorite characters. I grew up with him. His name has a lot of history and is one you never really hear.
2. Isla from Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
Pronounced eye-la. I think this is such a cute name. There’s nothing more to it than that.
3. Lyanna from A Song of Ice and Fire Series by George R.R. Martin
My grandmother’s name is Lucille. My mother’s name is Linda. And my name is Lindsey. It’s become an accidental tradition in my family for girls to have “L” names. I think that’s why I love Lyanna so much. It’s an “L” name but still unique. Plus, the character it comes from is strong and wild.
4. Maxon from The Selection Series by Kiera Cass
Maxon was so swoon-worthy in The Selection Series. His name is like a cuter and more unique version of Mason.
5. Laia from An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
Pronounced lie-ah. This is part the “L” thing, part that she was a bad-ass character.