Thank you so much to Chelsea @ The Warlock’s Gray Book for nominating me. This is the first award I’ve been nominated for so I’m super excited.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
How My Blog Started
I had a WordPress blog for a couple of years and never actually did anything with it. I just made the domain and let it sit. This past fall I wanted to get in the habit of writing more about things I actually enjoy—not like I do for class or work—and went back to it. I posted maybe one or two times a week about lifestyle related topics—music, experiences, favorite things. Once Christmas break came around I stopped posting, I just had too much trouble coming up with interesting ideas.
Then January hit and I got it in my head that I should start writing and blogging about books. I love to read and am a huge bookworm so it just seemed to make sense. I spent a lot of time looking at other book blogs, got into BookTube, and even bought an official domain.
Advice For New Bloggers
I’m not sure how qualified I am to be giving out advice—I’ve been blogging for less than a year—but here’s what I got.
- Have fun. Your blog is about you and what you like to write about. Don’t worry too much about popular content or getting new followers. Don’t feel overwhelmed and like you need to pop out something new everyday. This will only remain something you want to do and something you enjoy if you stay true to yourself and don’t stress over it.
- Support other bloggers. Everyone on WordPress—at least in the book blogging community—has been super welcoming since starting this blog. Take the time to check out other bloggers that write about what you’re interested in, give them a follow, and leave a nice comment. This is a really great way to start a dialogue and give your fellow bloggers some love. Plus, with everyone being so welcoming it’s likely that they’ll give you a follow and read back.
This is the first time I’ve nominated people for an award. Below are some of my favorite book blogs—not quite fifteen. If I tagged you and you already received this award I’m sorry, I’m not super up to date on what everyone has done.
Lauren @ Wonderless Reviews ⋅ Joey @ Another Afterthought ⋅ Cara @ Periods and Semicolons ⋅ Lila @ The Bookkeeper’s Secrets ⋅ Sara @ Freadom Library ⋅ Cátia @ The Girl Who Read Too Much ⋅ Jaed @ The Bibliophile Blogs ⋅ Sarah & Sophie @ The Little Contemporary Corner ⋅ Vivian @ Inked In Pages ⋅ Fadwa @ Word Wonders ⋅ Kourtni @ Kourtni Reads